Proxmox VE is a complete virtualisation management solution for servers. Proxmox is a software company that operates worldwide and are dedicated to developing server solutions that ease the work of people and companies. With their two core products – Proxmox Mail Gateway (PMG) and Proxmox Virtual Environment (PVE) – they offer simple, secure and flexible server solutions which evolve dynamically to the needs of their customers.Some people say that they may even be the next leader of the pack…
- You can virtualise even the most demanding application workloads running on Linux and Windows Servers.
- Proxmox is based on the leading Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) hypervisor and OpenVZ, the number one solution for container based virtualisation.
A solid option for organisations looking for better total cost of ownership (TCO) and no vendor lock-in.
- Download ISO image and burn it on a CD or create USB stick
- Boot from CD/USB stick and start the automatic installer on your dedicated hardware
- Read documentation and check support options
- Configure Proxmox VE via web interface
Key Features1. Intel® Xeon® processor 5600/5500 series, with QPI up to 6.4 GT/s2. Up to 192GB DDR3 1333/ 1066/ 800MHz ECC Registered DIMM / 48GB Unbuffered DIMM3. Left Slot (Full-height / Full-length): 2 (x8) PCI-E 2.0 slots4. Right Slot (Low-Profile): 2 Gigabit LAN optional (AOC-PG-i2+)5. Intel® 82576 Dual-Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller6. 4 x 3.5″ Hot-swap SATA Drive Bays, For Customizable Storage7. 650W High-efficiency Redundant Power SupplySpecifications
- 1U Supermicro 4Hotswap Bay Redundant 650w PSU + DVD + Rails (SYS-6016T-NTRF)
- Supermicro motherboards based on the Intel 5520 chipset X8DTU-F
- Dual Intel Xeon E5620 Processors with 12MB cache and 4 cores
- (Upgrade to Dual Intel Xeon E5645 for 12MB cache with 6 cores)
- 24GB DDR3 1333 ECC REG (6*4098) Kingston Memory
- 4 x 600GB SAS Seagate Cheetah 15K Hard Drives in RAID 10 giving 1.2TB of usable space
- LSI’s powerful LSI 9260-4i RAID card with an intelligent Battery Backup Module